9 And 10 Study Book and Practice Book CBSE English Language and Literature
LIVING ENGLISH STUDY BOOKS and PRACTICE BOOKS for Classes 9 and 10 are meant for CBSE and State Boards and are based on the latest CBSE syllabus and the guidelines of NEP 2020.
NEP 2020 FEATURES
• Reading includes strategies for attempting comprehension, and MCQs based on Case-based Factual and on Discursive Passages.
• Writing includes detailed notes and formats for writing tasks along with solved questions for each task.
• Grammar section gives detailed notes for students to recap and revise grammar rules and also varied solved questions to clarify grammar concepts.
• Literature section comprises theme of prose/drama, central idea of poem, summary, plot progression, character and author notes and feature boxes explaining literary devices, language usage and genres.
• Solved NCERT textbook and Supplementary Reader questions, Extract-based MCQs, Short Answer Type-I and Type-II Questions and Long Answer Type Questions are also given in the Literature section.
• Art Integration helps students apply critical thinking and creativity for deeper comprehension.
• Practice tasks for Speaking Skills
• Passages and Practice tasks for Listening Skills
NEP 2020 FEATURES
• Reading includes Marking Scheme along with Recall Pages for easy recap and Assignments on Case-based Factual Passages and on Discursive Passages.
• Writing includes Marking Scheme, Recall Pages and Assignments on each writing task prescribed by the Board.
• Grammar section comprises Recall Pages and Assignments for each grammar topic and Assignments on Integrated Grammar Practice.
• Literature section comprises Summaries for prose/poetry/ drama and Assignments on Extract-based MCQs, Short Answer Type-I and Type-II Questions and Long Answer Type Questions.
• Periodic Test Papers and Annual Test Paper to familiarise students with the content, format and marking scheme of CBSE paper.