1 To 8
GEM'S ENGLISH GRAMMAR is a series of eight books for young learners. It is adapted from
BACK TO BASICS, a set of books published by Blake Education for the Australian Curriculum.
GEM'S ENGLISH GRAMMAR has a syncretic approach to language teaching, combining
communicative and structural methods. This will appeal to schools across Boards and meet
the needs of different curricula. The series will enable learners to imbibe and apply the
rules of English grammar, and also appreciate contemporary language usage.
Some special features
- Besides focusing on grammar, the series provides ample scope for practising Listening,
Speaking, Reading and Writing skills.
- Pictorial, activity-based warm-ups introduce each unit.
- There are separate sections with Spelling, Vocabulary and Punctuation Exercises
- The books include tasks that highlight the importance of language across the
- Good to know makes learners aware of exceptions to grammar rules, and differences
between traditional rules and contemporary usage.
- Watch out! draws learner's attention to common errors, especially error to which Indian users of English are prone.
- That's funny introduces humour which will help learners to retain and recall
- The series has more than a hundred grammar games!