This adapted version combines Solomons and Fryhle’s approach to Organic Chemistry with IIT-JEE requirements and is now part of Wiley’s Maestro Series. The book is aimed at three problem areas of Organic Chemistry - problem-solving, visualization of structures and understanding of mechanisms. The well illustrated reactions with elaborate and stepwise explanation of their mechanisms combined with a concise and easy-to-understand text help students master the basic concepts of the subject.
Table of Contents
- IIT-JEE syllabus completely covered.
- Clear and easy-to-follow presentation of key concepts covered in IIT-JEE helps readers master their basic skills.
- Focus on the readability, presentation, organization and accuracy of the important ideas of organic chemistry.
- Illustrations and challenging problems bring out the emphasis of the high-quality text.
- Various solved examples other than the ones already present in the original book provided for practice covering all types of IIT-JEE questions.
- Summary and concept maps provided for each chapter summarize the reactions and concepts for last-minute revision.
- Irrelevant chapters/sections removed to present a concise text.
- Two new chapters added based on the important topics of carbenes and nitrenes found in the syllabus of IIT-JEE.
- Model test papers provided at the end serve as a useful tool for understanding the pattern/type of questions asked.
- Frequently asked questions provided at the end cover practice problems of each type of IIT-JEE questions, such as multiple-choice, matrix-type, comprehension, reasoning, etc.
- Additional questions for the Chapters 23 and 24.
- Frequently asked questions consisting of more than 40 questions covering various types such as multiple-choice, matrix-type, comprehension, reasoning, etc.
- New key terms added to the Index, so as to make it more user-friendly.
- Carbon Compounds and Chemical Bonds
- Representative Carbon Compounds: Functional Groups and Intermolecular Forces
- An Introduction to Organic Reactions: Acids and Bases
- Alkanes: Nomenclature, Conformational Analysis, and an Introduction to Synthesis
- Stereochemistry: Chiral Molecules
- Ionic Reactions-Nucleophilic Substitution and Elimination Reactions of Alkyl Halides
- Alkenes and Alkynes I: Properties and Synthesis, Elimination Reactions of Alkyl Halides
- Alkenes and Alkynes II: Addition Reactions
- Radical Reactions
- Alcohols and Ethers Molecular Hosts
- Alcohols from Carbonyl Compounds. Oxidation-Reduction and Organometallic Compounds
- Conjugated Unsaturated Systems
- Aromatic Compounds
- Reactions of Aromatic Compounds
- Aldehydes and Ketones I. Nucleophilic Addition to the Carbonyl Group
- Aldehydes and Ketones II. Aldol Reactions
- Carboxylic Acids and Their Derivatives. Nucleophilic Addition-Elimination at the Acyl Carbon
- Chemistry of Enolate Anions
- Phenols and Aryl Halides: Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution
- Amino Acids and Proteins
- Carbene and Carbenoids