9 & 10
for Classes 9–10
ICSE History and Civics 9 and 10 is a series of two books written in strict conformity with the new syllabus prescribed by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi for 2008 and onwards.
The books are not just a simple narration of facts; rather there is an attempt to link political, economic, social and cultural factors that together caused events
In the Civics section, numerous examples from everyday life help bridge the gap between theory and practice. Other features include:
- The text has been simplified to aid comprehension.
- Keywords and terms have been explained.
- Plenty of illustrations, photographs, schematic diagrams and maps will help the students to relate to the text.
- Trivia gives interesting facts to break the monotony of the text.
- There are in-text questions for constant revision.
- To Remember acts as a quick recap tool.
- Photo Study section is based on the ICSE pattern of questionnaire.
- Questions have been culled from the last ten years of ICSE papers for revision.
A chronological timeline has been given to help students remember important dates and events