1 to 8Reader & Teacher’s Handbook
GRAMMAR & MORE gives students a clear understanding of the basic rules of English grammar. The Comprehension section enables students to activate four different comprehension strategies—predicting, questioning, clarifying and summarizing, which help them understand a text. Students need to communicate in acceptable standard English and to use the language appropriately. The Composition section is designed to meet that need.
The aim of the series is to
- promote growth by knowing, noticing and exploring how language works.
- develop an understanding of grammatical structures which increases insight into grammar tasks.
- add an analytical dimension to the English curriculum.
Features of Books 1–5
- Books 1 and 2 introduce children to grammar through picture study. The books aim at giving young learners a head start in the study of grammatical concepts.
- Each grammatical element is explained clearly using easy-to-follow examples.
- Induces the learners to realize the grammar rules through some form of guided discovery
- Interesting comprehension passages to develop comprehension skills
- Guided composition to develop age-appropriate writing skills in children
Features of Books 6–8
- The core grammar concepts are presented systematically.
- Unseen comprehension passages include a wide range of text types. They provide students with systematic and rigorous guidance on how to understand and respond to texts that they read.
- The exercises develop critical thinking and problem solving through speculating and analysing.
Teacher’s Handbooks,Web support on The ELT Virtual Resource Centre