6 to 8
Social Science Civics have been updated with CCE (Continuous
and Comprehensive Evaluation). This edition has been enriched with the
- Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Short- and long-answer type questions
- HOTS questions
- Activities and projects for Formative Assessment (FA)
- Life Skills
- Self-assessment checklists
- Test Papers for Summative Assessment (SA)
Special Features of the Book
books have a variety of tasks for FA and SA such as multiple-choice
questions, sequencing, fill in the blanks, match the columns, true or
false, and short- and long-answer type questions in the section TIME TO
- In the section TIME TO DO there are tasks for FA. They
include projects, research activities, field tours, discussions, case
studies, creative writing, surveys, role plays, simulation, data reading
and interpretation tasks, and art and craft activities which will help
children translate theory into practice.
- The SURFING ACTIVITY give useful weblinks to help the curious young mind explore the World Wide Web.
- There is a special section on LIFE SKILLS to develop the thinking, social and emotional skills of the children.
self-assessment checklist given after the tasks for FA and life skills
activities will enable the child to assess her/his understanding of the
- There are four sections in each book that give scope for more tasks for FA.
- The test papers for SA divide the books into two terms, as per the new CBSE pattern.