1 to 8
• Multiple Genres: A variety of genres such as stories, poems, plays and comic strips have been used.
• More to Read: Introduces students to unsung heroes and super-achievers of India and other nations
• Get Started: A warm-up activity at the beginning of every lesson
• Life Skills: Complement the process of imbibing values that will make students self-reliant and resourceful individuals
• Read and Write: Questions to test the students’ understanding of the values in the text
• Talk about page: Every book begins with a talk about page that encourages students to think deeply and to talk about the value.
• Think and Do: Questions that encourage students to think analytically
• Real Heroes: Every book contains a page about the ‘Real Heroes of India’ – individuals who have served our nation in an extraordinary way.
• Go Online: Hyperlinks allow students to surf the Net to gather information about a theme connected to the values in the lesson. An across-the-curriculum approach has been adopted.
• Do and Know: Helps students to imbibe values by working on projects and taking part in group activities.
• Notes for the Teacher: Suggestions and additional activities to make classroom teaching more effective.